What's new

Chrome won't save password

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fweh298hf32lk

New Around Here
The interface is broken with chrome as chrome never prompts to remember username and password like on other sites. Is there any way this can be fixed?

Personally, I'd view that as a security feature and keep using Chrome:) Convenience and security are always opposed.

The interface is broken with chrome as chrome never prompts to remember username and password like on other sites. Is there any way this can be fixed?
Maybe you clicked accidentally on "do not save credentials for this site"? Look into the password settings which sites are excluded from saving credentials... :rolleyes:

no i didn't, i tried a lot of different things. Something bizarre is going on, it will save the password if it is really simple, but anything more secure it will not :(

RT-AC3200 and latest Merlin here , I have no interface corruption or problems in any browser and can make and save changes to settings and password.

My password is complex and 20 characters , I just updated it in Chrome without any difficulty.

Asus removed autofill a long time ago as it was an easy way for malware and hackers to enter your router.

i'm using RT-N66U
hmm it is hard to say if its a chrome issue but could be. If my username is admin then it remembers complex passwords, if username is something less obvious, does not :/

i'm using RT-N66U
hmm it is hard to say if its a chrome issue but could be. If my username is admin then it remembers complex passwords, if username is something less obvious, does not :/

I don not use " admin" ............ never have.

I had/have the exact same problem... Chrome will simply not ask to remember the user/pass when logging in - and it has nothing to do with Chrome password settings.
Solution that worked for me (i don't remember the exact place, and i don't have access to my router now):
Find a place in the interface where you can input "name" and "password" - as far as i remember, i used the wireless settings page for this - Chrome then asks to save you username and password - which will then work when you log in :)
*you might have to do it some other place in the interface - don't remember where i did it (long time ago).

Hello,

You probably trying to access the router via: 192.168.1.1,

try router.asus.com

and it let you save password

if you access with 192.168.1.1 the site says is no longer secure and doesnt never prompt you to save password, if you load asus.router.com, chorme doesnt detect this as insecure web,

I had/have the exact same problem... Chrome will simply not ask to remember the user/pass when logging in - and it has nothing to do with Chrome password settings.
Solution that worked for me (i don't remember the exact place, and i don't have access to my router now):
Find a place in the interface where you can input "name" and "password" - as far as i remember, i used the wireless settings page for this - Chrome then asks to save you username and password - which will then work when you log in :)
*you might have to do it some other place in the interface - don't remember where i did it (long time ago).

Just had this problem when I changed out my router to a new AC-3100. What worked for me was to sign in to the router with either router.asus.com or 192.168.1.1. Then go to Administration - System and reenter the same password and save it. Chrome or the router will then ask if you want to use these values the next time you log in. When I go to sign in to the router now the sign in fields are now yellow and filled out. It is now working with either method of signing in.

.......What worked for me was to sign in to the router with .....192.168.1.1. Then go to Administration - System and reenter the same password and save it. Chrome or the router will then ask if you want to use these values the next time you log in. .............
This works for me, thanks!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!