Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Chromecast dont work, help please.

Discussion in 'ASUS Wireless' started by jonas, Nov 1, 2017.

1. jonas

jonas New Around Here

Hello

i have ac5300 router and chromecast is not working my firmware is 380.68_4. i can see that they are connected but i cant see them o my phones or computer. i hope some off you can help.

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. Trentors

Trentors Regular Contributor

Go to Wireless>Professional

For EACH Band (2.4GHz, 5GHz-1 and 5GHz-2) make sure to enable IGMP Snooping.
    Does it work?

4. Rick23

Rick23 New Around Here

Same issue with GT-AC5300 IGMP Enabled - AP Disabled - Upnp is Enabled

Any other suggestions?

5. Trentors

Trentors Regular Contributor

Sorry no. On RT-AC5300 it is not enabled by default causing Chromecast issues. On GT-AC5300 it is enabled by default and I never had any issues with Chromecast on this router.

6. PAPPL

PAPPL Occasional Visitor

Had similar CCA connection issues.
    Disabled "Airtime fairness" for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz band in Wireless>Professional, and suddenly all my Chromecasts work perfectly fine.
    They are visible immediately and connect stable.
    I have IGMP Snooping disabled since a week, and they still work fine, but IGMP Snooping may help.

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!