What's new

Chromecasts not found

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nihon

Regular Contributor
I have a 2900 (AC86) as main router and a AC68U as a AiMesh node all running Merlin version 384.16.

Very often one or several chromecasts are not found from my Galaxy S10.

All Chromecasts are working and have internet access, it is just that they are not discovered. I have two nest mini, 1 nest hub and one CC ultra. Problems with all of them. I believe it is caused by the router.

Any ideas?
I have tried to enable/disable IGMP snooping but no luck.

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

I sold all my Sonos for big money and implemented a slew of chromecast and chomecast audios all over my home......Worst decision I ever made in my home as about a year after this, firmware updates on the devices have caused all kinds of connect issues. There are a TON of Google support threads on the connectivity issues but it seems like Google has shelved the product. Or perhaps put all their worst interns on firmware going forward without supervision [emoji848]. I can get mine to show up,, sometimes, but groups seldomly work on the audio devices. TV devices haven't been too bad, but occasionally just disappear in the home app, however they still shows online in the network. Only a CC reboot can fix it.

Huge issues across this eco system and I've never suspected this issue to be a router specific issue, but if there are any setting on the router that may help, I'd love to know that too.

I have now made sure my AI mesh (AC68U) has a wired connection to my main router (2900). I also updated the FW to the latest. And probably most important I specified the Chromecast devices in the router (2900) to not be allowed to switch between the main router and the AI mesh (AC68U).

Since then I have not had a problem with the chromecast devices. I will update this if the issue comes back. I assume Chromecasts/Nest devices do not handle well to be in a mesh enabled network.

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk