1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Cisco Network Exercises Ideas

Discussion in 'Other LAN and WAN' started by Jacob Cavaness, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Jacob Cavaness

Jacob Cavaness New Around Here

Hello my name is jacob, I am new to snbforums. I want to get in with an active community to help others and to ask questions of my own. I am beginning my journey of diving into the Cisco world more in depth . I am needing ideas for networks I can create here to practice at home . I have 3 Cisco routers, 4 Cisco 24 port switches, and a Dell r710 server . If anyone has ideas for the best Network exercises you can brain storm that would be great . Thanks!

2. coxhaus

coxhaus Part of the Furniture

You will want to build a frame switch, maybe ATM network, point to point using all the routing protocols. You want to practice using a layer 3 switch and layer 2 switches maybe add redundancy using STP. This is a start. You need to know networking subnets forward and backwards which will include super scopes.