Cisco WAP571 Firmware

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

jasonreg

Regular Contributor
So, every so often I check for firmware updates and I noticed that while I was using firmware version 1.1.0.4 for WAP571 when I check the downloads section the latest release is showing as 1.1.0.3. When I check "All Release" section there is even a 1.1.0.5 version. Thoughts on what is happening and which version I should be using? I do not have a particular issue to resolve but I do try to keep things up to date.

1610645263047.png

jasonreg

Regular Contributor
First thing I tried actually. Interestingly the release notes are from 1.0.x.x versions and are not updated. Very strange - hence my post.

degrub

Very Senior Member
i would wait until release notes are issued and the version is in the "latest" released folder unless told by tech support otherwise.

jasonreg

Regular Contributor
Yes, that makes sense for sure. Interesting though that even the release notes for the "latest" version reflect old 1.0.x.x versions. Also, pretty sure I would only have upgraded to 1.1.0.4 as a current version - curious that is seems to have rolled back to 1.1.0.3 for some reason.