What's new

Cisco's FindiT Software for Managing Switches, WAPs and Routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

coxhaus

Part of the Furniture
I really like using Cisco's FindiT Software for managing my home network. I have now grown to 7 Cisco devices in my home enetwork and trying to keep up with firmware updates for all the devices has become cumbersome. So I donloaded Cisco's FindiT Software and now it keeps up with all the firmware updates. You just need to run Bonjour for network discovery on all networks. The refreshing thing about FindiT is it works in a multi network configuration. Since I run 3 networks most home software only works in one network.
You need to use the version 1 of the FindiT Software as version 2 seems to be based on IOS firmware and a TAC login. I just keep an old Windows 7 computer around with Findit loaded on it. You need to run an IE as Administrator for Findit to work properly. FindiT loads with IE and just starts discovering all your Cisco Small Business devices using Bonjour. Findit then flags all devices which need new firmware updates. It makes it real easy to keep up with managing your routers, WAPs and switches if you own Cisco devices.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!