What's new

Cleaning up the wiki

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

swetoast

Hey

Been thinking of remaking the ipset page on the wiki, splitting them into 2 categories, legacy scripts and current scripts to avoid the confusion over which scripts works with what router.

Also thinking about doing a overhaul on dyndns page cause that page is a disaster atm

any thoughts on this ?

@redhat27 your pretty active on the wiki, do you like this suggestion ?

Started by adding a chart over ipset versions and different supported routers my plan is to move around some info and splitting up scripts into separate pages instead of having em all on one and the linking (internal or external) them from that initial ipset page with a short description of what the script does and what ipset version it support and maintainer for the script.

Looks good!

Go for it, as long it stays within the basic style I've put in place for the wiki in general.

For DDNS, what would be best is probably to put an index at the top of it, with hyperlinks to specific services within the page. Otherwise, it would need to be split into separate articles within a new global section - since some of these barely have a few lines of text, that might be a bit of overkill.

Sorry I just saw this now. Keeping the wiki updated (and simple to understand) is always good for the users and will be appreciated.

I've updated your chart to include a router which I know has ipset v4.

I have a suggestion: Instead of embedding the scripts in the wiki (which tends to be confusing and lengthy), I would opt to link them to their github version, which are more current. We can come up with some guidelines to have release versions and beta versions, so that users don't get bad/untested code.

Just a suggestion.

yeah had something similar in mind actually here is what i suggest the peerguardian script is moving em to a separate entry in wiki and then linking to whatever the scripter wants.

less clutter on the ipset page just plain info and links.

@redhat27 should i link the forum post for tor and country blocking and remove the script then ? cause im gonna remove all of my scripts and move the old peerguardian scripts to a separate page.

I removed the script and linked it to github. I plan to add a section in the wiki for iblocklist-loader later on. Unfortunately the snrbforums thread was started by someone who posted just once and never posted again. I've linked to the post in the same thread where I uploaded the newer script.

Last edited:
thought we move over that to here or own git make it less cluttered, will become easier to support and maintained when you only have to update one place :)

Last edited:
err, we need to make the script easily accessible... It may not be the best idea to make the user search the forum posts to hunt for the latest script. Can we just leave the link to the script on the wiki along with some basic instructions?

If you really want to remove all instructions as well, maybe we can atleast include the link to the actual script on the table? We can remove "Maintained by" or "Supports other platforms" columns and introduce one with the link to the script

sure make a separate entry then :) easily solved, just wanted a clean overview perhaps we can make a installation instructions page for maintained scripts.

plus you wanted to link your git for the script, installation instructions etc could be either a separate entry or a forum post cause that stuff is easy.

for me i want it in the forum rather then on git cause then they can ask if it all goes wrong.

however i want em to use my git for picking up the script

sure make a separate entry then :) easily solved, just wanted a clean overview perhaps we can make a installation instructions page for maintained scripts.

plus you wanted to link your git for the script, installation instructions etc could be either a separate entry or a forum post cause that stuff is easy.

for me i want it in the forum rather then on git cause then they can ask if it all goes wrong.

however i want em to use my git for picking up the script
The table has too many columns already. If I add one more for the link to the script, they will be too narrow. I'll follow your lead to see what you have in mind. Please go ahead and make it the way you'd like it to be.

I'm going to bed now, I'll take a look again in the morning to see how you've done it.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!