What's new

Clear ARP cache

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RRands

Occasional Visitor
Hi all - I was wondering if there is a way via CLI to clear the ARP cache? I tried ARP -d, but it always wants a host name, and I want to clear the whole cache.

Thank you!

-randy

Thank you, Colin - believe it or not, I had searched all kinds of "clear arp cache" options, but got nowhere near what you did - thank you for this - it was just what I needed! :)

Thank you, Colin - believe it or not, I had searched all kinds of "clear arp cache" options, but got nowhere near what you did - thank you for this - it was just what I needed! :)
This is perfect! Is it just enough to run this command under SSH or do I need a restart after that?

The effect is immediate. Although I don't really see why there's a need to do this.
While trying to solve my AIMesh issue, I removed one of my existing nodes and re-add it, just to make sure there is no issue with my method. While I fixed the mesh issue, I noticed that the node I removed and re-add, is now acting properly as an Mesh node, but also appears as an "ASUS" device on that node. When I disable this "ASUS" device, all network devices registered via that node, lose internet. I thought clearing teh arp table would help. I even cleared the NVRAM of the main router (but restored from backup), to no avail. Any other ideas?

Tried Google?

ip neigh flush all
I'm sorry to be bumping this topic with my question. If I want to remove only one entry from the arp table that has PERM status is this below command correct?
Code:
ip neigh del 172.16.0.55

I have the stock firmware and I know that I could do a reboot of the router then the arp table would be cleared. I know maybe it's a stupid question but I'm just learning.

I'm sorry to be bumping this topic with my question. If I want to remove only one entry from the arp table that has PERM status is this below command correct?
Code:
ip neigh del 172.16.0.55

I have the stock firmware and I know that I could do a reboot of the router then the arp table would be cleared. I know maybe it's a stupid question but I'm just learning.
You need to add the interface that is associated with the entry, i.e.
Code:
ip neigh del 172.16.0.55 dev br0