What's new

Client changed after blackout in RT-AC68U Merlin 384.19.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

alpha45

Regular Contributor
HI,
After a blackout on reboot, a client that I had previously set as a fixed ip, now presents itself with a different name and belonging to another client, the settings are no longer settable, it warns me that "this entry is already present in the list".
How can I go about recovering the clients?
How to reset asus RT-AC68U without problems?
Thanks

Last edited:
If a power surge, brownout, etc., hit your home and the network is acting up, I would be looking at doing a full reset again without looking for any other 'fix'.

I would also take this opportunity to upgrade to the latest RMerlin 386.1 Beta 2 (at least to test with). There is little reason to be using firmware from the past summer today.

After flashing the firmware, you want to use (even if you decide to continue using the firmware, you're on), this is what I would suggest getting your router working as intended once again.

New M&M 2020

If the router is still 'glitchy' for you, the following link may help determine if the hardware is faulty.

Fully Reset Router and Network

If the client is a iDevice (or Android for that matter), check the settings to see if "Random MAC address" is enabled. This has caused much confusion on our personal networks.

I use QOS to assign unknown devices to a paltry 1MB download and when someone complains we fix that setting.

If a power surge, brownout, etc., hit your home and the network is acting up, I would be looking at doing a full reset again without looking for any other 'fix'.

Hi,
I did a factory reset keeping the firmware 384.19 having never done it before, and I noticed a problem with the server certificate for DDNS, the ones with white dots. In the previous configuration the last two numbers, where the white dots are, were 2.1, and under the SAN my Host Name appeared in addition to the name of the router. What can be done?
Thanks
New
Cattura1.PNG

Old
IMG_20201222_102910322.jpg

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!