What's new

Client count not the same when using aimesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Robert Wyman

New Around Here
I have a ax88u and a ac88u as a node connect hardwired.

when I scan my net with any sniffer scanner i have 61 clients and have confirmed this to be true but the router in aimesh node connected only reporting 56 clients but if i remove aimesh and put the ac88u into Access Point(AP) mode all clients report and appear ....I am using Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP i have aprox 30 manual set ips I have tried factory resets many time have the most current firmware installed. Anyone have any thoughts since system stability seems to be poor and throughput is also slower with aimesh running.

I have a ax88u and a ac88u as a node connect hardwired.

when I scan my net with any sniffer scanner i have 61 clients and have confirmed this to be true but the router in aimesh node connected only reporting 56 clients but if i remove aimesh and put the ac88u into Access Point(AP) mode all clients report and appear ....I am using Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP i have aprox 30 manual set ips I have tried factory resets many time have the most current firmware installed. Anyone have any thoughts since system stability seems to be poor and throughput is also slower with aimesh running.

This is not to fix that darn client list but...

I recently learned that the router DHCP server IP pool range should be defined to include the router manually-assigned IPs... and only exclude statically-assigned IPs assigned on each client network connection.

So I ask, are your manually-assigned IPs included in your router DHCP server IP pool range?

OE

Yes they are ......in the pool

does it effect if you have some static ip set on the client side in the pool but not assigned in the client list or do you need to add the static ips to the list also.

also found out If I read the screen du missed that one...

Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list (Max Limit : 64)

Last edited:
Yes they are ......in the pool

does it effect if you have some static ip set on the client side in the pool but not assigned in the client list or do you need to add the static ips to the list also.

also found out If I read the screen du missed that one...

Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list (Max Limit : 64)

Automatic and manually-assigned IPs are to be within the DHCP server IP pool. Client side static IPs are not to be within the DHCP server IP pool... and are not in the manually-assigned IP list.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!