What's new

Client List and Signal Strength to Log File

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MerlinUser32

New Around Here
Hi All,

HW: Asus RT88U
FW: 384_7_2

Sorry if my search-fu is weak, and I missed the answer on the forum.

I am looking for a txt based output of the 'system log'/'wireless log' table.

That table displays connected client's name, mac, and signal strength. I would like that as a file that I can scrape, tail, etc. I do see a few files in /tmp (e.g. allwclientlist.json) and more detail in /jffs/nmp_cl_json.js, but neither contain signal strength. Lastly, I did an snmpwalk, but if in there, I missed that, too.

I was thinking of other options, if available, of a kismet like package via entware. That that logging to a file — I was hoping that Merlin is already keeping this info in a tmp file somewhere.

Any guidance on the above is greatly appreciated.

There isn't, it's dynamically generated by the router, with info taken from various sources within the router.

There isn't, it's dynamically generated by the router, with info taken from various sources within the router.

Well, Darnit!

That's good and not as good :) Good that it wasn't so obvious, where I should had noticed it. Not so good that I have to figure another way. It seems snmp or something like kismet running should do it, or some way to scrape the menu (Python time :) )...off to ponder!

RMerlin, Thank you for the speedy reply - Very much appreciated.

SNMP won't have access to any of the wireless info, as it's proprietary.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!