1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Client List is unreliable

Discussion in 'ASUS AC Routers & Adapters' started by Justinh, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Justinh

Justinh Occasional Visitor

I'm curious how many other people experience this and if there is a fix for it.
    RT-AC68P with latest firmware.

The client list won't always show all the connected clients. If you force a refresh it may show more or it may show less than the previous list. It seems to become unstable if there are 5 or more clients. It never detects my HD HomeRun. I have a mix of wired and 2.4/5 wireless.

This problem manifests itself everywhere clients are listed.

Asus just says to reset - they don't even bother looking into it because, you know, it can't be a bug.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  2. OzarkEdge

OzarkEdge Very Senior Member

My 86U has similar client list nonsense although it does seem to settle in over time. It does list my HD HomeRuns as wired.

If you do reset, perform the GUI Initialize to clear logged data... maybe it uses this data store for logging/listing clients.

OE

3. Sanna1967

Sanna1967 Senior Member

Almost everyone ,since the new fw 45149
    no,we need to wait Asus to fix it

4. Justinh

Justinh Occasional Visitor

Wait for Asus? They don't even want to investigate. Do you know if there is already an established bug report with Asus?

5. OzarkEdge

It's not a bug. It's incomplete firmware development. It's painfully obvious to anyone who uses the product, including ASUS.

OE

6. L&LD

L&LD Part of the Furniture

Of course, it's a bug. It did work in previous versions of their firmware.

7. OzarkEdge

Sorry, I've never noticed that... the GUI clients lists have always been wacky here. But as you put it, yes, it would be a bug... and more hopeful that it will be fixed sooner than later... I've been waiting since 3/2018.

OE

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    indark and L&LD like this.