What's new

Client List issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

specfire

New Around Here
Hello,

I have an AC1900P (RT-AC68U) on Merlin firmware RT-AC68U_384.5_0

I have three questions regarding the Client Listing.

1. Wireless Guest Network clients are listed under the "wired" category while primary wireless network clients are listed under the "wireless" category. Is this normal? Should Guest clients not be listed under "wireless" category?

2. The client listing appears to only list clients that are actively connecting to the internet vice a full list of clients that are connected to the router but dormant (ie. on but not transmitting.) Is this normal?

3. The names of the clients do not seem to get updated even when the client changes the device name. Is the device name cached (with the MAC address) somewhere on the router, and if so, can it be flushed so the new device name appears in the client list?

Thanks to Eric for the awesome firmware, and thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

I was going to ask similar questions -
For #1, haven't started using guest network yet.
For #2, I am looking at the client list (in an attempt to make/change some of the names to friendly names so they can be identified easily) but the list keeps refreshing every few seconds making it very hard to take an action there. I am assuming it only wants to show "active" devices and refreshes every few seconds? If so what is the best place to view devices that gives you a few seconds/chance to update their names? :)
For #3, I have seen that when I update the name of the device, and then refreshed the router UI, it did pick up the new name. Unless, I had saved a custom name in the router itself.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!