What's new

client list still not complete

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rooby

Regular Contributor
Hello

the client list showing all connected device is still not complete in the latest
version 386.2.4. I have a repeater and devices behind them which are not shown at all but they are getting an IP addresses from the router and they are full accessible.
Could it be possible to fix this to show all connected devices to the router?
This would be very helpful.

Hello

the client list showing all connected device is still not complete in the latest
version 386.2.4. I have a repeater and devices behind them which are not shown at all but they are getting an IP addresses from the router and they are full accessible.
Could it be possible to fix this to show all connected devices to the router?
This would be very helpful.
Asus issue, not Merlin. Use an AiMesh node instead of a repeater and they will show.

Having a issue myself with a galaxy J7 will not show up in client list but works fine. It does show up under the wireless log tab. All other clients show fine.

Asus issue, not Merlin. Use an AiMesh node instead of a repeater and they will show.
Can we do some pressure on Asus to fix this? It is not working since I own the router and it is a security hole not to see who is connected to the router.
What drawbacks do I have when I switch to AiMesh node compared of router mode (default), is it similar?

As I explained a year ago when you first raised this it might be caused by the way your Fritz WLAN repeater works. If you use an Asus (or other brand) repeater/node it's likely you won't have this problem. You never provided any detailed information about your setup so we couldn't investigate it further.

No sorry you are wrong, this has nothing to do with rany epeater or so.
I simply want to know a complete list of clients getting an IP from the router. If possible directly in the GUI.
The router must know which client he has sent an IP and is connected otherwise DHCP is not working properly.
Anyway there are also some of the direct connected clients like Notebooks which are not listed.
This was the case since I have this router and uses Asus Merlin. I see it as a security hole when you do not know where is connected to the router.
Interesting that nobody sees this as a security risk.

Anyway there are also some of the direct connected clients like Notebooks which are not listed.
OK that's different from what you've said before which was that it was only effecting devices attached to the repeater.

That sounds more like the old problems associated with Asus' Network Map. Merlin has stated many times that the Network Map code is closed source so the only way to fix any problems is for users to report it directly to Asus themselves. If enough people report it it might get fixed.

My Asus router AC68U not even display any wifi client now. Any one can help? The wireless tab missing from the client list panel. I dont know who is connected to my wifi now. It was showing up once upon a time and gone since upgrade to 384 and now 386.

1637382059984.png

Hard refresh the GUI (usually Shift + R) and they'll come back.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!