What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TetterkeT

Occasional Visitor
I've searched and read through a few threads about this and didn't see anything similar and the answer may be be as simple as "Client List is closed source," but here goes...

My two issues with the Client List are thus:
  1. Devices connected to the guest network will display an IP address that has the same prefix as the primary network (i.e. 192.168.1.x) on the main screen. When attempting to rename the client or change it's icon, however, a different IP address is displayed (i.e. 192.168.101.x). Attempting to save the changes generates an invalid IP address error unless I modify it to use the primary network's prefix.

2. It would be nice to have some way to distinguish which network each client is on: primary or guest (1/2/3).
Just curious if these will ever be addressed or if I shouldn't hold my breath? I am running 386.3_2 on RT-AC68U.

1. The 192.168.1.x address is likely to be stale data from when the client was previously connected to the primary network or guest network 2 or 3. When connected to the first guest network the IP address changes to 192.168.101.x for 2.4 GHz or 192.168.102.x for 5GHz. You cannot reserve a DHCP address in the 192.168.101/102 address space.

2. Merlin's Wireless Log already differentiates the guest networks. The Client List is indeed closed source so you'd have to contact Asus if you want that changed (so yeah, don't hold your breath).

Last edited:
1. The 192.168.1.x address is likely to be stale data from when the client was previously connected to the primary network or guest network 2 or 3. When connected to the first guest network the IP address changes to 192.168.101.x for 2.4 GHz or 192.168.102.x for 5GHz. You cannot reserve a DHCP address in the 192.168.101/102 address space.

Just to clarify: I am not attempting to reserve a DHCP address in the 192.168.101/102.x address space -- the UI merely won't save any changes to the client entry unless I modify the IP field to use the 192.168.1.x address space (then it saves, but no change is actually made to the IP address).

Any ideas on how to clear this "stale data" (without doing a factory reset)?

2. Merlin's Wireless Log already differentiates the guest networks. The Client List is indeed closed source so you'd have to contact Asus if you want that changed (so yeah, don't hold your breath).

Was not aware of this -- thanks for the tip!

Just to clarify: I am not attempting to reserve a DHCP address in the 192.168.101/102.x address space -- the UI merely won't save any changes to the client entry unless I modify the IP field to use the 192.168.1.x address space (then it saves, but no change is actually made to the IP address).
Even though you are not changing the IP address, when you click Apply is still tries to validate that field as though you had. Hence the error message (yes it's dumb).

Any ideas on how to clear this "stale data" (without doing a factory reset)?
Theoretically clicking the Refresh button (or rebooting) should work although there are plenty of reports here that say it doesn't always.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!