What's new

Clients list problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Patrick9876

Regular Contributor
AB86U - Merlin 386.4
I know I've mentioned problems with the clients list before and don't remember that there was a solution, but I thought I'd try again with a new report.

A week ago I change the Device Name (i.e. Host name) on a Windows computer. My router's Clients list still displayed the old name. Fair enough; the MAC address stayed the same so maybe it didn't notice the change. But this weekend I replaced the motherboard in that computer - new MAC address - and the client list still shows the old computer (old name, old MAC address) and doesn't show the new information.

The rest of the router functions handled the change without problem: DHCP gave the computer a new address, DNS associates the name with the new address, and routing to/from the computer is fine. It's just the client list that has a problem. This wasn't a big enough deal for me to try rebooting the router. I'll try that if there is nothing else that will work. Is there anything else?