What's new

Cloudfare IP space

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sbsnb

Very Senior Member
After Cloudfare decided to take it upon itself to remove another Web site from the Internet, I am going to blackhole their IP space on my home and corporate networks. I found https://www.cloudflare.com/ips/ which claims to list all of their IP space, but 1.1.1.1 is conspicuously missing. I was wondering if anyone else knew of a better source of Cloudfare's IP space.

If it requires cloudfare, that's correct. Nobody on my home or corporate LAN will be able to access any site that requires access to the Cloudfare IP space. I suppose I just have to use that list and manually include the 1.1.1.0/24 space for now. I guess I'll see you guys if/when SNB isn't using a service that vigorously defends providing service for ISIS-connected terrorist communities but can't handle unmoderated message boards.

You're going to cut yourself from a large portion of the Internet, not just this website...

They did not take that forume off the Internet, they simply decided to stop providing them their service, as is their right as a commercial service provider. Two totally different things.

I also use Cloudflare for my project's needs. Let me know if you find an alternative at the same price point and service level (hint: you won't.)

You're going to cut yourself from a large portion of the Internet, not just this website...

They did not take that forume off the Internet, they simply decided to stop providing them their service, as is their right as a commercial service provider. Two totally different things.

I'm aware. Everyone is free to make their own choices. That's what's great about being free. I choose not to support anybody that is explicitly or implicitly supporting centralized supervision of what can and cannot be said on the Internet, especially when the standards are selectively enforced.

I also use Cloudflare for my project's needs. Let me know if you find an alternative at the same price point and service level (hint: you won't.)
I don't know what pricing you have, but there are other CDNs and DDOS protection services. https://bitmitigate.com/remote-ddos-protection.html is just one.

Now I can at least explore with some interest how many Web sites actually require Cloudfare. So much for decentralization.

EDIT - Welp, I imported the Cloudfare IP space into Skynet blacklist and I'm still able to get here. I suspect it's not working correctly.

EDIT2 - I manually added:

Code:
173.245.48.0/20
103.21.244.0/22
103.22.200.0/22
103.31.4.0/22
141.101.64.0/18
108.162.192.0/18
190.93.240.0/20
188.114.96.0/20
197.234.240.0/22
198.41.128.0/17
162.158.0.0/15
104.16.0.0/12
172.64.0.0/13
131.0.72.0/22

And this site is still working. The block isn't working.

Ah, Cloudfare is in skynet-whitelist.

Last edited:
I'm aware. Everyone is free to make their own choices. That's what's great about being free. I choose not to support anybody that is explicitly or implicitly supporting centralized supervision of what can and cannot be said on the Internet, especially when the standards are selectively enforced.

Part of the problem is new laws like those recently pushed in Europe, where content providers can be held legally accountable for content that is published through their service, even if they aren't the authors. This will force many content providers to take more active actions in what they allow and what they don't.

It's a stupid law written by people with zero understanding on how the Internet works, but there isn't much that can be done at this point...

I don't know what pricing you have, but there are other CDNs and DDOS protection services. https://bitmitigate.com/remote-ddos-protection.html is just one.

I'm a FOSS developer, so for me the Cloudflare free tier is what suits me best. I just need to reduce the load on my servers.

After Cloudfare decided to take it upon itself to remove another Web site from the Internet, I am going to blackhole their IP space on my home and corporate networks. I found https://www.cloudflare.com/ips/ which claims to list all of their IP space, but 1.1.1.1 is conspicuously missing. I was wondering if anyone else knew of a better source of Cloudfare's IP space.

To block Cloudflare DNS - just use the same ranges they have for their CDN.

Looking at this thread, I think there is a fundamental misunderstanding of how CDN's work - if Cloudflare drops a customer, they're still online, just not using Cloudflare's platform. If the site then crashes, it's not because of Cloudflare dropping them.

Cloudflare, along with other CDN's, does offer scale - so one can run a website on a relatively low powered web server, and use a CDN to service many more users.

Cloudflare is a private business and they can choose who they want to do business with - it's not censorship, it's a business decision.

sfx

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!