1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Cloudflare Warp Plugin (Request/Question)

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by S.claus, Feb 23, 2020.

1. S.claus

S.claus Occasional Visitor

Would it be possible to make a Cloudflare Warp (Cloudflare VPN service) plugin work on the Asus router? I have seen people run it on Mac, Windows, and Linux so I see it as possible but I don't have the skills to write a plugin like that.

2. Zonkd

Zonkd Very Senior Member

Unlikely to happen anytime soon because Warp uses the WireGuard protocol which is not supported on ASUS routers due to hardware limitations across almost every model. Recent releases of OpenWRT and DD-Wrt firmware support WireGuard client mode. That would be your best option.

S.claus likes this.
  3. S.claus

S.claus Occasional Visitor

I wouldn't trade Merlin for any other FW. I'm hoping somewhere in the future it will become possible but for now, I am completely happy with my normal VPN setup and Merlin.