Cloudflare Warp Plugin (Request/Question)

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

S.claus

Regular Contributor
Would it be possible to make a Cloudflare Warp (Cloudflare VPN service) plugin work on the Asus router? I have seen people run it on Mac, Windows, and Linux so I see it as possible but I don't have the skills to write a plugin like that.

Zonkd

Very Senior Member
Unlikely to happen anytime soon because Warp uses the WireGuard protocol which is not supported on ASUS routers due to hardware limitations across almost every model. Recent releases of OpenWRT and DD-Wrt firmware support WireGuard client mode. That would be your best option.

S.claus

Regular Contributor
Unlikely to happen anytime soon because Warp uses the WireGuard protocol which is not supported on ASUS routers due to hardware limitations across almost every model. Recent releases of OpenWRT and DD-Wrt firmware support WireGuard client mode. That would be your best option.
I wouldn't trade Merlin for any other FW. I'm hoping somewhere in the future it will become possible but for now, I am completely happy with my normal VPN setup and Merlin.