What's new

Comcast Business router internet dropping

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jpallotta4

New Around Here
Hello,

I've have had problems with our Comcast Business router for awhile now. It is a SOHO network. Randomly throughout the day the internet will suddenly drop and the router will need to get power cycled. Sometimes multiple times a day. I recently went and got the router replaced to see if that was the issue as it was getting so bad. So far after 2 weeks, the internet has dropped maybe a dozen times. So the problem is continuing. I will add that.. that due to multiple Xbox's in the household, I forwarded a certain port to a particular Xbox in order for the NAT to be open. Could this possibly be the cause?

I'm not too familiar with troubleshooting but I was able to get a couple logs off of my router today after an outage occurred. I was wondering if someone could help me understand what is going on.

events.JPG
firewall.JPG

Attachments

• events.JPG
    events.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 150
  • firewall.JPG
    firewall.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 129
You could turn off the port forwarding and see if the drops continue.
THe time stamps on those events and firewall messsages are very different times and probably not related as a result assuming that is the same device reporting or the times are synced.

You could turn off the port forwarding and see if the drops continue.
THe time stamps on those events and firewall messsages are very different times and probably not related as a result assuming that is the same device reporting or the times are synced.

Thank you for the reply! Are you aware of another method of helping to keep NAT open without port forwarding? It's a really annoying issue with multiple Xbox's in one house.