What's new

Command Line

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

outlaw78

Regular Contributor
Is there a section in the Merlin firmware for a command line directly in the WebGUI itself? I have seen posts about it. I know its available thru SSH but they way some of the posts describe, its in the GUI...

(Like entering script commands)

Speaking of scripts, what are some good and cool scripts? I've heard of some for like ad blocking and such at the router level.

Thanks.

Is there a section in the Merlin firmware for a command line directly in the WebGUI itself? I have seen posts about it. I know its available thru SSH but they way some of the posts describe, its in the GUI...

(Like entering script commands)

Speaking of scripts, what are some good and cool scripts? I've heard of some for like ad blocking and such at the router level.

Thanks.
Install a script called "amtm" and go from there. Install AB-Solution and in that process choose "ps" and install pixelserv-tls this installs "entware" properly. Welcome to the script threads.

Install a script called "amtm" and go from there. Install AB-Solution and in that process choose "ps" and install pixelserv-tls this installs "entware" properly. Welcome to the script threads.

LOL, thanks! I'm a bit laymen when it comes to scripts and linux (I think). I'll try and figure that out...:)

LOL, thanks! I'm a bit laymen when it comes to scripts and linux (I think). I'll try and figure that out...:)
Oh and if you don't have winscp for windows or in an virtual machine for linux go get it it is a great tool.

No. There used to be one but it was removed because of security issues. In case you're wondering, it won't be returning.

let me assist: depending on which router you have, you may not be able to use the SkyNet script, but entware, ab-solution, dnscrypt and pixelserv are totally on the table for any Merlin-supported router.
If you're familiar with the terminal and are comfortable with entering commands into the command line, start at http://www.ab-solution.info/amtm.html and go from there, following @skeal 's advice. One copypasta line and you're well on your way.
and yes, you want a swap file ;)
I feel there are some big things coming soon from those devs - you're getting in at a great time. if you're as impressed as I have been, please remember to donate to the devs - they're doing this with no expectation of getting paid

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!