What's new

Compiling asuswrt-merlin problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

yong

Occasional Visitor
Hello !
I encounter a problem when compiling asuswrt-merlin source code.

I execute "make kernel" at release/src-rt-6.x.4708 location.
The error is as follows:
"Makefile:15: *** missing separator. Stop."

I find the content in the Makefile is "../src-rt/Makefile", is not there any problem?
Also I copy the content of src-rt/Makefile to the Makefile which is in current path, but it has prolems too?

Is there anybody encounter the same question? Can you give me some advice?

Thanks in advance!

You need to configure the code tree by running "make rt-ac68u" (assuming the target model is an rt-ac68u). After a complete compile you should be able to compile just specific elements.

Thank you! It is one of the reason.
Another reason is that when I unzip the source code, I replace some files.
But I don't know why there is repeated files.
Is it because of symbolic files?

You need to configure the code tree by running "make rt-ac68u" (assuming the target model is an rt-ac68u). After a complete compile you should be able to compile just specific elements.

Among other things, yes. The source code requires a Linux filesystem that is case sensitive and also supports symlinks. You can't unpack it on an NTFS filesystem.

Among other things, yes. The source code requires a Linux filesystem that is case sensitive and also supports symlinks. You can't unpack it on an NTFS filesystem.
To the point!Thank you!You are so good!

But there is a conflict where nano needs Make of version 1.14, howerver, libxml2 autoMake of version 1.11, when I excute "make rt-n66u" at release/src-rt-6.x.4708 location.

To the point!Thank you!You are so good!

But there is a conflict where nano needs Make of version 1.14, howerver, libxml2 autoMake of version 1.11, when I excute "make rt-n66u" at release/src-rt-6.x.4708 location.

The RT-N66U is an SDK 6.34 MIPS device, you cannot compile it from the 4708 directory - that's for SDK 6.37 ARM devices.