What's new

Conditional VPN routing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

arkywein

Occasional Visitor
Hi all,

I have an ASUS RT-AX58U router running the latest Asuswrt-Merlin firmware (388.1). I also have a Wireguard VPN client that is constantly connected to a VPN provider.
As some site don't work well with VPN, I'm curious if there's a way to setup conditional VPN routing for specific hostnames? For example, when I visit 111.com, 222.com and 333.com from any device on my network, the traffic wouldn't be routed through VPN client and would be forwarded through WAN instead?

Hi all,

I have an ASUS RT-AX58U router running the latest Asuswrt-Merlin firmware (388.1). I also have a Wireguard VPN client that is constantly connected to a VPN provider.
As some site don't work well with VPN, I'm curious if there's a way to setup conditional VPN routing for specific hostnames? For example, when I visit 111.com, 222.com and 333.com from any device on my network, the traffic wouldn't be routed through VPN client and would be forwarded through WAN instead?
You can try to use this addon.

You can try to use this addon.
It looks like Wireguard interfaces aren't yet supported.

I had a similar question. I saw on freshtomato that there was an option by domain (screenshot below)

Its too bad the Asus firmware or Merlin doesn't have this, although they are based on Tomato from what I understand.

1682128121295.png