What's new

Configure the port used for SIP helper

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mistermoonlight

Regular Contributor
Running latest Merlin build for rt-n66u. I am running a voip device on the lan. I have fowarded the ports from outside for rtp and sip to the voip device. When i am doing an outgoing call, there is an rtp stream that can go from wan to lan correctly (here the voice), but the rtp stream from lan to wan gives a lot of problem (usually is simply not there at all and we hear silence.

I have tried using the disable net helper function, but enable/disable changes nothing. I guess that i need the sip helper working to solve my problem, but the SIP port used by my device is not the standart sip port 5060.

How can i reconfigure the sip helper to use a different sip port than the default 5060?

Any other idea?

Thanks

Untested, by try this:

1) Disable the SIP helper
2) Create an init-start script, with the following (change the port as appropriate):

Code:
#!/bin/sh

modprobe ip_conntrack_sip ports=5060

3) Reboot

Check the Wiki on Github for details on how to use User Scripts.

Thanks for the idea.

It seems to be more something like this that i tried to use for the init-start script (sip port is 5085 for me):

----------------------
rmmod nf_nat_sip.ko
rmmod nf_conntrack_sip.ko
modprobe nf_conntrack_sip ports=5085
modprobe nf_nat_sip
----------------------

but i discovered later than the problem was not related to the router so i didn't test any further.

Thanks anyway

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!