What's new

Configuring MC in merlin and PuTTY in windows.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hale_JP

Occasional Visitor
I have installed MC, but it looks ugly B/W, does not respond to arrowkeys. I guess, I have wrong terminal and keyboard. But don't know which I have to select in Putty, or how should I fix it in MC's config (and store it persistently)

Since it seems like you plan on using a hard drive anyway, it'd be easiest to have mc installed through entware. If you really don't want it, I guess you could temporarily install it and copy whatever you need "/opt/share/terminfo" etc. You shouldn't need to configure Putty at all.

Ah, I got it. So /temp is really a ramdisk. And thank you for providing a correct place for storing. I guess, /opt/share/terminfo if physically in JFFS range, and should be commited afterwards?

about Putty. I should choose at least any of the available terminals, and any of the input standards. I am not sure which is the best, because I could not make it display in color with ANSI graphics, and respond to "escaped" keys by default.