What's new

Configuring Network for PaperCut NG

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hazartilirot

Occasional Visitor
Good day,

I would like to ask people to help me with configuring our network at office. Our device is AC68U upgraded with Merlin firmware. We use a free version of PaperCut NG for accounting.

I want any customer coming to our office to be able to print out documents from their phones instead of interacting with our operators. For the purpose I have installed PaperCut Mobility Print. Now, as I connect, let's say, to our WLAN I don't have a problem to print out a document from my phone however I don't want our customers to be part of our inner network so that I have created a guest network which is isolated. When I connect to the isolated network my phone cannot find a printer. There is a manual explaining something about DNS or mDNS... I don't understand anything.
https://www.papercut.com/products/free-software/mobility-print/

The thing is I can go along with an easier way by creating a guest network in the AC68U though it doesn't allow to redirect clients requests. I want to employ our QNAP with WM + UniFi Cloud Controller which has two Ethernet interfaces. One is connected to our local network and the other to Ubiquiti UniFi AP Outdoor+.

The network should be isolated. They mustn't get access to our QNAP, but customers should be able to print out their documents.

Put a printer on the guest network?

OE

OzarkEdge

Operators need to be able to print out documents. The purpose of Mobility Print is that there are many small or simple tasks which can be sent to a printer by a customer. Let's say a customer has a PDF file, a flight ticket (or a train ticket). It's easier to print out the document directly from a phone.