What's new

"Connect Wireless and Wired Backhaul" Functionality in Deco BE85

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

yun

New Around Here
Hello everyone!

I've been researching WiFi 7 products recently and happened to come across this feature on the Deco website, which has piqued my curiosity. I would like to learn more about the functionality of "Simultaneous Wireless and Wired Backhaul" in Deco BE85 and its associated benefits.

From my understanding, the Deco system utilizes proprietary technology to enable simultaneous communication across different frequency bands with each unit. Additionally, Deco products now support the establishment of both wireless and wired backhaul connections simultaneously, including not only Ethernet-wired connections but also powerline-wired connections. By leveraging the latest Wi-Fi 7 MLO technology, the backhaul aggregation processing has been optimized at the circuit layer, resulting in reduced processing time and increased aggregation flow rate. These enhancements are expected to improve overall transmission speed, reduce latency, and provide broader coverage with stable and reliable connections.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could provide further information regarding the mechanism behind the simultaneous operation of wireless and wired backhaul. Specifically, I am interested in understanding the advantages of this feature in practical usage scenarios. Furthermore, I would like to know the recommended operational approach for maximizing the benefits of this capability within the Deco system. Does the Mesh network prioritize communication via wired backhaul over wireless backhaul in this context?

Thank you in advance for any insights and guidance you can provide.

These are the images from the official website. Still wonder does the Mesh network prioritize communication via wired backhaul over wireless backhaul in this context?

1687079176920.png
1687079221468.png

That first image says exactly what you're asking for, I believe.

As it also says, 'Through our self-developed technology...', I would not be interested in using such a proprietary system within my network.

At the very least, I hope that the 'feature' can be disabled (easily).

That first image says exactly what you're asking for, I believe.
Thanks for your replying!
I undrstood whtat the first image said, but still curious would the Mesh network prioritize communication via wired backhaul over wireless backhaul in this context. Maybe I have to try it when I receive it. 😃

At the very least, I hope that the 'feature' can be disabled (easily).
May I ask why?
Thank you!

Why? For the very least, compatibility reasons.

Specifically, I am interested in understanding the advantages of this feature in practical usage scenarios.

This product is not yet released and I'm afraid you can get theoretical statements only. How it is going to work in practical usage scenarios is unknown.

There're already some YouTubers released the unboxing videos of Deco BE85, maybe you could take a reference to the videos as well

unboxing videos of Deco BE85

Unboxing video won't show real use details and how well this new technology works. I would say - wait a year. New product - users as beta testers.

Hello everyone!

I've been researching WiFi 7 products recently and happened to come across this feature on the Deco website, which has piqued my curiosity. I would like to learn more about the functionality of "Simultaneous Wireless and Wired Backhaul" in Deco BE85 and its associated benefits.

From my understanding, the Deco system utilizes proprietary technology to enable simultaneous communication across different frequency bands with each unit. Additionally, Deco products now support the establishment of both wireless and wired backhaul connections simultaneously, including not only Ethernet-wired connections but also powerline-wired connections. By leveraging the latest Wi-Fi 7 MLO technology, the backhaul aggregation processing has been optimized at the circuit layer, resulting in reduced processing time and increased aggregation flow rate. These enhancements are expected to improve overall transmission speed, reduce latency, and provide broader coverage with stable and reliable connections.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could provide further information regarding the mechanism behind the simultaneous operation of wireless and wired backhaul. Specifically, I am interested in understanding the advantages of this feature in practical usage scenarios. Furthermore, I would like to know the recommended operational approach for maximizing the benefits of this capability within the Deco system. Does the Mesh network prioritize communication via wired backhaul over wireless backhaul in this context?

Thank you in advance for any insights and guidance you can provide.

Personally I'm more interested in MLO for seamless roaming. Trying to bundle multiple wireless bands, then add wired into the mix? That's just asking for all kinds of problems. It will be "lowest common denominator" so whatever wireless band has the most latency and interference is going to slow down everything else. Just get a 2.5G (or if you really need it, 10G) wired backhaul and be done with it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!