What's new

Connecting additional routers to ISP router? How do I do it??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

womenwill

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

I am nearly clueless about routers etc. so I am hoping one of you nice folks on here can help me.

I have internet from AT&T, the router being used is a Pace 5286 AC (re branded Arris I think).

As I have a large home, I want to connect one or two additional routers to this Pace 5286AC router.

I have two additional brand new routers with me:

1) Netgear Nighthawk AC 1750 Smart Wi Fi Router

2) Linksys AC 1750 AC Dual Band Smart Wi-Fi Router and a AC 1200 Boost EX W-Fi Range Extender

I believe the Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 is better?

Does anyone know how to connect either of these to the PACE5286 router please?

Thank you!!

Call your service provider and tell them you want it bridged. Once it's bridged connect the routers as if its just a modem. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sometimes as "here" where i live when we bridged ours Gatweways the 4th LAN port has to be used to connect to the router.

What is your goal? Improved WiFi coverage in more parts of the house? Isolation for various clients? You generally do not connect multiple routers to your ISP modem/router. If trying to improve WiFi coverage, you generally connect multiple Access Points (APs) to the ISP modem/router. Many routers can be configured to be just an AP as well.

Yes you are right my goal is to increase wi-fi coverage throughout the property. I will read into setting up APs. Right now I am still getting back together after the terrible storms we had.