What's new

connecting to mesh node

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

overl0ad

New Around Here
hello

so i'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong, but i've look online and through what i can with google. but i can't seem to be able to connect directly to my mesh node.

i've got a AC88 as my primary and an AC5300 as my node

the AC88 is running the latest firmware, and i'm trying to update the firmware on the AC5300.

it's not coming up on the administration>firmware update page. as in the node firmware isn't coming up. so i thought maybe log direct into it, but it keeps coming back the primary page

hello

so i'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong, but i've look online and through what i can with google. but i can't seem to be able to connect directly to my mesh node.

the AC88 is running the latest firmware, and i'm trying to update the firmware on the AC5300.

it's not coming up on the administration>firmware update page. as in the node firmware isn't coming up. so i thought maybe log direct into it, but it keeps coming back the primary page

AiMesh is managed from the root node webUI... trying to access the remote node will direct you to the root node login.

If the node is working in the AiMesh, it should be listed on the root node webUI firmware page like this:
1658273486877.png

OE

yeah, that's the bit that's not coming up for me. i don't see the node info... no idea why tho.

Is the node listed on the AiMesh page?

Are you using current firmware? Did you commission the network on stock Asuswrt firmware?

Did you reset the root node firmware before you configured it from scratch?

Did you reset the node before Searching/Adding it to the AiMesh from the root node webUI?

Reset FAQ
Reset/Restore - clears settings in NVRAM; reboot restores fw defaults from CFE (fw defaults)
Hard Reset/Restore+Initialize - also clears data logged in /jffs partition (fw defaults+clear logs)

OE

hello

I recall having a similar experience several moons ago but can't remember which firmware version may have caused the hiccup. Essentially on that occasion I updated the Main router firmware first - and somehow lost the proper connection to the Node via the Main routers webui [yet the Node was still acting as an access point ... but I couldn't access it via http].

Simplest solution was to bring the node back into close proximity with the main router - reset the node and then seek an AiMesh connection to it from the main Router. Job done quick and easy.

Nowadays I always update the nodes first and then the Main router.