What's new

Connection issue of Time Schedule of AiProtection in Parental Control Merlin 384.3?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

can

New Around Here
Anyone experience of the connection issue whenever the time scheduling of parental control in Merlin 384.3, the connection is always failed or unstable? Is there any problem of the settings or it is a bug?

Thanks.

Yeah, I have the exact same problem. On 382 or 380, time scheduling works perfectly fine. Once I updated to 384.3, it's busted. It's either blocking during the time allow or just unstable.

Maybe something with the port forwarding virtual servers that created with time scheduling.

I'm hoping that's something on asus side not at merlin side, and that 384.4 would resolve it.

For now, I have to turn off time scheduling.

Looking at asus's change log, at 384.20287, it says "Fixed CTF related issues", I believe it's related to time scheduling stuff (correct me if I'm wrong). Since merlin's 384.3 is based on older 384.10007, that could be the possible explanation.

With that said, I have not tried turning NAT acceleration (LAN -> Switch Control) to disable with 384.3. Cuz it's default to auto and it says CTF is enabled even with time scheduling on.

Maybe that would help, but I haven't had a chance to try that.

If you have time to try it, let me know the result.

I had a similar issue and had to factory reset, format jffs, reboot, change SSID password from previous and manually configure all settings.
I also have NAT acceleration switched off and it all runs like a charm.
I also use the Asus app on my iPhone and find the family option is fab, especially when I have 4 teenagers at home and they all have various devices.
The only issue I have found is when setting up parental controls through the app it doesn’t always reflect the changes on the GUI straightaway but it’s not a problem as it all still works fine.

Looking at asus's change log, at 384.20287, it says "Fixed CTF related issues", I believe it's related to time scheduling stuff (correct me if I'm wrong). Since merlin's 384.3 is based on older 384.10007, that could be the possible explanation.

With that said, I have not tried turning NAT acceleration (LAN -> Switch Control) to disable with 384.3. Cuz it's default to auto and it says CTF is enabled even with time scheduling on.

Maybe that would help, but I haven't had a chance to try that.

If you have time to try it, let me know the result.

Since I flash back to 380.69.2 already and will try to update to the next version, I have not tried the NAT acceleration setting. Hope it will fix in next version.

I did factory reset back then but left NAT acceleration to auto before, which still resulted in the issue. Over the weekend I finally have time to do something with this, I disabled NAT acceleration and everything works at it is on 384.3.

Just tested f/w version 384.4, the issue is not fixed. But turn off the NAT acceleration really do help the issue.

Hi everybody,
First Post here,

I did not need the time scheduling function for almost a year, but now I see that I need to re-enable this (addict Pre-Teen)

Time scheduling is now one of the most important feature for me.;)
Can someone point me to the version prior to the one that breaks the feature.

Asus_wrt_merlin_release_page

ThX,
Ben
PS: did Asus or Merlin Acknowledged that this is a know issue?

Hi everybody,
First Post here,

I did not need the time scheduling function for almost a year, but now I see that I need to re-enable this (addict Pre-Teen)

Time scheduling is now one of the most important feature for me.;)
Can someone point me to the version prior to the one that breaks the feature.

Asus_wrt_merlin_release_page

ThX,
Ben
PS: did Asus or Merlin Acknowledged that this is a know issue?

Not sure which model are u using, but in general, I think version above 380.x.x will be affected.

Just tested f/w version 384.4, the issue is not fixed. But turn off the NAT acceleration really do help the issue.

Yup, I'm seeing the same. Maybe that's meant to be like that now. That NAT acceleration needs to be disabled. I don't see issues with NAT acceleration disabled so far. With NAT acceleration disabled, the time scheduling works perfectly fine.

Below is a page that briefly talks about it.

https://routerguide.net/nat-acceleration-on-or-off/

I opened a tech support email/case, asking ASUS about it. Maybe I'll get some answers. But I don't have a high hope. Cuz, it seems like time scheduling is meant to need NAT acceleration disabled anyway. Will see if ASUS answer my inquiry.

Does anyone have a suggestion regarding the same issues on AC-86U since it does not have NAT acceleration anymore in the settings?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!