1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Connection Reset with RT-N66U

Discussion in 'ASUS Wireless' started by Bobby98, Jun 13, 2018 at 6:19 AM.

1. Bobby98

Bobby98 New Around Here

Recently I have been facing an issue with connections to specific sites resetting. Most sites works completely fine and throw no errors. Refreshing the page enough times also solves the issue.

I first started noticing the issue a couple weeks ago. At the time I was running the latest version of Merlin 380.70 but since it has been abandoned, I have reverted back to stock 3.0.0.4.382.50470, resetting the nvram whilst reverting. The issue still exists.

In multiple browsers across multiple devices I am noticing "connection reset" errors whilst downloading assets. I have narrowed it down to being the router at fault as plugging in the original, ISP supplied router resolves the issue.

I have trawled through the settings and I cant see anything obvious which might be causing the issue. There are no filters set up and parental controls are disabled.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing it?

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!