What's new

Connections dropping when making changes in gui

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

eglons

New Around Here
Just setting up a replacement RT-AC86U and in general it's fine, however for some reason every time I add a client to DHCP or change something and hit apply the router seems to drop all of it's connections for a few seconds and then re-establish them... is this a known issue (is there a workaround?)

Make the change through the DHCP page, not the networkmap. Networkmap restarts the whole network stack whenever a change is made. It was a design decision from Asus.

Even through the DHCP page it drops when I hit the apply?

The network map seems to be the only place I can "name" devices, otherwise I'm looking at a list of inscrutable mac addresses and just changing a name and hitting apply drops the network.

Even through the DHCP page it drops when I hit the apply?

The network map seems to be the only place I can "name" devices, otherwise I'm looking at a list of inscrutable mac addresses and just changing a name and hitting apply drops the network.

I just checked, and you're right - Asus also does a complete restart of the network layer on the DHCP page as well. Must be something I've fixed so long ago in my own firmware that I've forgotten about it... Personally I consider that a bad design, even tho I had one single user complain to me recently about the fact that I do NOT restart the whole network. But I'd say he's pretty much the exception.

Excellent thanks for confirming. I'd love to use your firmware but unfortunately I need AiMesh