What's new

connmon connmon v.3x - Internet connection monitoring

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jack Yaz

Part of the Furniture
v3.0.2
Updated 2022-01-06

connmon is an internet connection monitoring tool for AsusWRT Merlin with charts for daily, weekly and monthly summaries.

connmon is free to use under the GNU General Public License version 3 (GPL 3.0).

This project is hosted on GitHub.

Supporting development
Love the script and want to support future development? Any and all donations gratefully received!

paypal PayPal donation

paypal

Supported firmware versions

You must be running firmware Merlin 384.15/384.13_4 or Fork 43E5 (or later) Asuswrt-Merlin

Installation
Using your preferred SSH client/terminal, copy and paste the following command, then press Enter:
Code:
/usr/sbin/curl -fsL --retry 3 "https://jackyaz.io/connmon/master/install/connmon.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/connmon" && chmod 0755 /jffs/scripts/connmon && /jffs/scripts/connmon install

Usage
WebUI

connmon can be configured via the WebUI, in the Addons section.

Command Line
To launch the connmon menu after installation, use:
Code:
connmon
If this does not work, you will need to use the full path:
Code:
/jffs/scripts/connmon

Last edited:
Screenshots
30524b48ae.png

3433cf06f7.png

6affedcc64.png

7f2d2e0ec5.png
62329495d3.png

v3.0.0 is now available
  • NEW: Notifications and integrations
  • NEW: Changelog displayed when updating
  • NEW: New-look WebUI page
Notifications and Integrations

Currently, supported mechanisms for notifications/integrations are:
There are 4 events which trigger the notifications:
  • On each ping test
  • Ping threshold exceeded
  • Jitter threshold exceeded
  • Line Quality threshold exceeded
Email configuration

connmon v3.0.0 marks a move to a standalone email configuration that can be utilised by other scripts. If you have Diversion installed, connmon will detect this and migrate Diversion's config to the new standalone location with is /jffs/addons/amtm/mail

connmon will create links for Diversion to follow the configuration to the above location.

Last edited:
Really like the new-look WebUI. Pop ups and all. Also like the email integrations.

COOL, man, Thanks!

v3.0.1 is now available
Changelog:

• IMPROVED: Add helptext for custom actions and scripts about Apprise notification library
  • FIXED: Remove ping target validation when running ping test, it can incorrectly mask downtime - e.g. DNS is unavailable
  • CHANGED: Script now downloads updates via Scarf Gateway (see bottom of README)
  • CHANGED: Script now installs LICENSE and README files during install

v3.0.2 is now available
Changelog:

• FIXED: Only download CHANGELOG on upgrade if it doesn't exist

Connmon just stopped working. Pings are not working see attached. What do you need from me to debug this? I have vers 3.0.2 with no updates available.

Attachments

• 1-13-22 connmon.PNG
    1-13-22 connmon.PNG
    45.5 KB · Views: 190
  • 1-13-22 connmon 2.PNG
    1-13-22 connmon 2.PNG
    46.2 KB · Views: 179
Run a manual ping test, i suspect something wiped out the cron job
Manual ping test gives no results. I did it yesterday when I 1st noticed the problem, then did it again this morning, both with the same no results. There is an entry in the cron table table for connmon. By way of comparison, ntpMerlin which also uses ping seems to be doing fine.

Manual ping test gives no results. I did it yesterday when I 1st noticed the problem, then did it again this morning, both with the same no results. There is an entry in the cron table table for connmon. By way of comparison, ntpMerlin which also uses ping seems to be doing fine.
I think I found the problem. I was using 75.75.75.75, and it seems that has stopped responding. I tried doing pings from the Tools tab and that too did not show results. But if I used another location, 1.1.1.1, or google.com, all seems to be OK. So let's put this one into the category of Comcast's problem.

I think I found the problem. I was using 75.75.75.75, and it seems that has stopped responding.
Maybe because skynet seems to have been blocking outbound connections to 75.75.75.75 lately?

Maybe because skynet seems to have been blocking outbound connections to 75.75.75.75 lately?
Where can I look to see if that is happening?

Update: Without me doing anything to my configuration including with Skynet, 75.75.75.75 is now working again, so I'm guessing it really was a Comcast problem that they fixed.

Last edited:
Getting this error when trying to install. Any clues why I wouldn't have Entware on my router?

Thanks

Code:
chownc@RT-AC5300-79A0:/tmp/home/root# /usr/sbin/curl -fsL --retry 3 "https://jackyaz.io/connmon/master/install/connmon.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/connmon" && chmod 0755 /jffs/scripts/connmon && /jffs/scripts/con
nmon install

##############################################################
##     ___   ___   _ __   _ __   _ __ ___    ___   _ __     ##
##    / __| / _ \ | '_ \ | '_ \ | '_   _ \  / _ \ | '_ \    ##
##   | (__ | (_) || | | || | | || | | | | || (_) || | | |   ##
##    \___| \___/ |_| |_||_| |_||_| |_| |_| \___/ |_| |_|   ##
##                                                          ##
##                   v3.0.2 on RT-AC5300                    ##
##            https://github.com/jackyaz/connmon            ##
##############################################################

Welcome to connmon v3.0.2, a script by JackYaz

Checking your router meets the requirements for connmon

Entware not detected!

Requirements for connmon not met, please see above for the reason(s)

Press enter to continue...

Getting this error when trying to install. Any clues why I wouldn't have Entware on my router?
Entware doesn't come preinstalled on Asus routers. Most of us find that the most convenient way to install entware (as well as conmonn and a number of other scripts) is through amtm, which comes preinstalled on recent versions of asuswrt-merlin - see Entware · RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng Wiki · GitHub

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!