What's new

Constant Wireless drops on 5GHz & 2Ghz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kons

New Around Here
Running the latest version of code 3.0.0.4.388_20558. on my RT-AX88U. Experiencing poor performance from a number of devices on both 2/5Ghz. Repeater (AC66U) link rate dropping to less than 10Mbps (usual 144Mbps)

All wired devices are fine (PC, laptop docking station/NAS)

The last few upgrades performance is getting worse.

It's that bad I'd like to downgrade but I can't find a version that is earlier than August 2022. I was on a particular version for months & it was rock solid. Can I remember the version, can I f....

Is there a repository of older code anywhere? Id like to go back to one about 6 months old as that was the one I had for ages

Help please :)

If you go to the Asus Support page, click on the BIOS and Firmware tab, and expand it, there is an older 386.xx firmware listed there to download.

If you go to the Asus Support page, click on the BIOS and Firmware tab, and expand it, there is an older 386.xx firmware listed there to download.
Only shows up to
Version 3.0.0.4.386.49674
2022/07/14

Is there anywhere I can get earlier releases. I had a version on for a while before July which was rock solid

And you've tested the July 14th version?

Any recommendations? The main issue I have at the moment is wireless stability with the last few versions of code
I don't own this model, so don't have a specific recommendation. But you could ask @RMerlin for recommendations around the dates it used to work.