What's new

Control miniDLNA server

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

matthew_eli

Hi Merlin,

is that possible to control the miniDLNA server (srtating and stopping it for example) via telnet or SSH connection?

Thanks in advance for you reply!

You would have to kill it and re-run it, there's no service management command (yet) for controling services over telnet/ssh.

Through the webui you can stop and start it on the Servers page.

The importat thing is that, when I stop the server by the webUI controls, I would be also capable of deleting files on the minidlna folder on the plugged HD: is that possible (I've not available the router at this time, I'm at work now)?

Thanks again

The importat thing is that, when I stop the server by the webUI controls, I would be also capable of deleting files on the minidlna folder on the plugged HD: is that possible (I've not available the router at this time, I'm at work now)?

Thanks again

You should be able to delete files without having to stop the minidlna service. In fact it's probably best to do it while it's running, so it might immediately pickup changes in the available files.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!