What's new

Coonection problem with freenas server and Plex since adding Asus router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Luigi408

Occasional Visitor
Hi all,

Since adding an Asus router (T-mobile one turned into an RT-AC68U) to my network I have been having a problem with my freenas server and my plugin Plex.

Plex on freenas works are a plugin and when I run that plugin from the freenas interface it opens a new window. In this windows I use Plex to setup all the libraries I want to stream and share.

Plex suppose to connect and use UPNP to route itself. When there is no library added to Plex (the library files are inside freenas server), Plex has no problem connecting itself to the internet and connecting Plex back to my server. The problem comes when I add a library that is inside freenas such as "Media" where my movies are. Plex then cannot connect to my server. I am able to log into my Plex account but Plex cannot access my server from the outside. This is so weird and I cannot figure how to fix this. This did NOT happen with my Netgear router R7000.

If anyone knows why my router is blocking Plex contacting my server when adding a library please help. I have tried everything. My Asus router contains the latest version of Merlin.

I am attaching pictures of my settings.

Asus1.png
Asus2.png