What's new

Could anyone point me to a tutorial or guide for learning Wifi and network settings for ASUS routers?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Skeptical.me

Very Senior Member
Could anyone point me to a tutorial or guide for learning Wifi and network settings for ASUS routers?

Just looking to learn and resolve my own issues.

And by wifi settings I mean these, not just settings up the router and connect to the wifi:

F1336E6A-1036-4419-8FDD-7A85A53B6A76.jpeg

8CA4293D-4804-42E0-8B04-A64C2CB1319D.jpeg

Morning - this link is very helpful:

No, this link is for Smart Connect. @Skeptical.me has it Disabled - the best setting.

Could anyone point me to a tutorial or guide

Some of the menus have built-in help* on mouse over. Your settings are good. What I would change is:

Wireless Mode - Auto
Protected Management Frames - Disabled
Channel Bandwidth - 20/40/80 on 5GHz

It will give you a bit more compatibility (Auto, PMF) and flexibility (20/40/80).

* - Your post revealed another bug in AX86U firmware (perhaps other models too):

1673194225976.png

What about AX clients on AX-class router? :)

No, this link is for Smart Connect. @Skeptical.me has it Disabled - the best setting.

Some of the menus have built-in help* on mouse over. Your settings are good. What I would change is:

Wireless Mode - Auto
Protected Management Frames - Disabled
Channel Bandwidth - 20/40/80 on 5GHz

It will give you a bit more compatibility (Auto, PMF) and flexibility (20/40/80).

* - Your post revealed another bug in AX86U firmware (perhaps other models too):

View attachment 47001

What about AX clients on AX-class router? :)

Thanks for that, appreciated it.

I'm just learning about many things with ASUS routers and recently reached out to someone on this forum who assisted me in getting AiMesh/Wifi Settings right. But I want to learn more about it so I can diagnose and fix issues I encounter. So thanks for the information.

Last edited: