What's new

Cox HSI IPV6 on RT-AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dylanmitchell

Regular Contributor
How do I set up my RT-AC86U with Merlin to work with IPV6? Have Cox preferred 150Mbps/ 10Mbps, ARRIS / Surfboard TM3402 DOCSIS 3.1 32x8 modem, and Asus RT-AC86U router. Cox is dual stacked network is configured with an IPv4 and an IPv6 address.

Running https://test-ipv6.com/ on Firefox and Chrome shows No IPv6 address detected. Changed Firefox "network.dns.disableIPv6". value to "True" and can't find a way to set Chrome for IPv6 It does say your browser has a real working IPv6 address.

Using Cox IPv6 2600:8801:8800:72::1 can change it to Google IPv6 2001:4860:4860:0:0:0:0:8888 or 2001:4860:4860:0:0:0:0:8844

www.cox.com/.../ip-version-6.html

Attachments

• IPV6 setting.JPG
    IPV6 setting.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 582
Last edited:
I have my rt-ac68u setup for Native in IPv6. It then pulls the IPv6 IP from Comcast through the xb6 Gateway that have set in Bridge mode.

I have my rt-ac68u setup for Native in IPv6. It then pulls the IPv6 IP from Comcast through the xb6 Gateway that have set in Bridge mode.

This OP!

Is your Arris modem in Bridge mode?

I use Cox in Oklahoma and set my RT-AC68U IPv6 Connection type to Native. My cable modem, a Cisco DPQ3212 is in the default mode from when it was installed. There's no way to set a mode on it anyway.

I use Cox in Oklahoma and set my RT-AC68U IPv6 Connection type to Native. My cable modem, a Cisco DPQ3212 is in the default mode from when it was installed. There's no way to set a mode on it anyway.

The OP Arris modem should have an option to put in in bridge mode.

Your Cisco DPQ3212 however i'm not sure that is an older Docsis 3.0 8x4 channel modem.

It should depending on firmware installed and if your ISP allows.