What's new

CPU displays heartbeat (50-70% spike every 10 seconds)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fitnesspmm

Regular Contributor
I'm running 384.4_2 where I've done many Factory Restores but after a day or two the heartbeat returns. Every 10 seconds, both CPUs spike to 50-70% usage then a second later they remove to 1-5%. I have tried to turn my AC5300 off many times for 20 seconds without any luck. Soon as it reboots, it starts with the spikes every 10 seconds. How do I fix this?

Previous patches I never had this problem.

P.S. I won't upgrade to a new patch cause you removed WTFast :(

P.S. I won't upgrade to a new patch cause you removed WTFast

WTFast wasn't even working previously, that's why it was removed, therefore you wouldn't be losing anything you didn't have.

I'm running 384.4_2 where I've done many Factory Restores but after a day or two the heartbeat returns. Every 10 seconds, both CPUs spike to 50-70% usage then a second later they remove to 1-5%. I have tried to turn my AC5300 off many times for 20 seconds without any luck. Soon as it reboots, it starts with the spikes every 10 seconds. How do I fix this?

Previous patches I never had this problem.

P.S. I won't upgrade to a new patch cause you removed WTFast :(
power cycle and clear nvram is something that I will try first

power off the router for 30 sec,
hold wps button while powering on, wait till the power led start blink/flashing then release wps button
wait till it reboot properly and reconfigure everything from scratch.