Create a file sharing link on ZyXel NAS 326

Gaasen

New Around Here
Hi,
I have a Qnap TS 419P II where I can very easily make a share link to a directory, with or without passwords, specify how long the link should be valid.

On my ZyXel NAS 326, I can not figure out how to make such a link, to share eg some pictures.
What I have been able to find out is that it ends up in something that opens a page with Twonky Media Server and there I can see most of what I have on my network. But it is not the intention that people from outside should be able to access anything other than the folder I share.

Anyone know if this is possible and how it should be done?

Best regards Gaasen

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
Welcome to the forums @Gaasen.

I wouldn't be expecting such specific features from one manufacturer (QNAP) to be available from another manufacturer (ZyXel) and vice versa.

Does the manufacturer's website doesn't have a manual for that model for you to see its capabilities and expected usage? That is where I would start. I wouldn't hold my breath that such a feature is available (broadly) though.

Gaasen

New Around Here
Thanks.

Of course I have checked if there is anything but have not found anything useful. So that's why I thought there might be someone in here who could refer to something.

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
Considering that 87 people (at the time of this post) have looked at this thread and haven't responded, I don't think there is anything further to pursue here.

I'm sorry I don't have anything further to add. Consider this a free 'bump' to your thread though.

Gaasen

New Around Here
Considering that 87 people (at the time of this post) have looked at this thread and haven't responded, I don't think there is anything further to pursue here.

I'm sorry I don't have anything further to add. Consider this a free 'bump' to your thread though.
Think that you are right.
I have purchased a QNAP TS-233.
Thanks for your responce.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!