What's new

Create exception for: Vulnerability Protection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Pergola Fabio

Hi

i wanted to give my alarm system an update, it connects to somekind of url on a specific port, 1 sec later, got a mail from my router, that it blocked the device
How can i allow exceptions for that device?

thnx

Event number : 1
Alert type : Vulnerability Protection
Source : (192.168.0.215)
Destination : Security_System

RT-AC88U's AiProtection detected suspicious networking behavior and prevented your device making a connection to a malicious website (see above and the attached log for details).Suggested actions:
1. If you know that the cause of this attempted connection was a proprietary app or program and not a web browser, we recommend that you uninstall it from your device.
2. Ensure your device is up to time in all its operating system patches as well as updates to all apps or programs.
3. You should take this opportunity to check for, and install, any router firmware updates.
4. If you continue to receive such alerts for similar attempted connections, investigation into the cause will be necessary.
Meanwhile, rest assured that AiProtection continues to help keep you safe on the Internet.

strange, on that site it says its safe

I suppose that's better than not safe. Maybe try updating the Signatures in the router webUI... maybe that will make a difference.

OE

Ok, i can try that...
But is there a way to make an exception?

Sorry, I mis-posted earlier.

Find and try the "Manage White List" control/icon on the AiProtection - Malicious Sites Blocking page(?). At this point, you're sure the url is not malicious(?). :)

OE

Last edited:
its not a malicous site, its a two-way ips protection, dont see a whitelist there ;-)

1637255201404.png

its not a malicous site, its a two-way ips protection, dont see a whitelist there ;-)

Given this is presumably an infrequent update for your security system (that's ironic!), disable the AiProtection, perform the update (at your own risk), and re-enable the AiProtection... a manual exception! :)

Maybe future AiProtection signatures will not complain. I suppose you could also report the matter to Asus/TM.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!