What's new

Cron Job not running

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Goobi

Regular Contributor
Noticed a script I have to run via cron is not executing. Shows up find with cru l but simply never executes. Script works just fine manually.

I created a simply test job as follows to run every minute:

cru a test “*/1 0 * * * logger test”

cru l shows:

*/1 0 * * * logger test #test#

However it simply does not run. What am I missing? Running 384.6 on 86u.

Thanks is advance.

Noticed a script I have to run via cron is not executing. Shows up find with cru l but simply never executes. Script works just fine manually.

cru l shows:

Thanks is advance.
There are lots of cron job generators on the net but you don't list the file path to "logger test"

cru l shows:

Thanks is advance.
It should look like this as an example:
Code:
cru a vpn_warning_remove "* 1 * * * sh /jffs/scripts/vpn_warning_remove.sh"

Thanks for the responses. Logger is not a script but the actual logger command so no need to put in the full path. Using this to test cron and rule out some issue with my script which works just fine when ran manually. It’s like cron never triggers the job to run. I have tried restarting crond and cru but no dice.

You do realize that your test command is not set to run every minute, but only every minute from 12:00AM to 12:59AM (hour set to zero)...just checking

You do realize that your test command is not set to run every minute, but only every minute from 12:00AM to 12:59AM (hour set to zero)...just checking

I am such an idiot. Staring me right in the face. That was it and John, thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!