What's new

CT-8 AiMesh setup backhaul issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

freten

New Around Here
Hi, I have had two CT-8 units since may and they have been working fairly good. Not problem-free but acceptable, until yesterday. By coincidence I noted in the web interface that the signal quality suddenly had changed from "Excellent" to "Weak". The node is about 4-5 meters away from the router with 2 walls in between, but signal strength has never been a problem. Digging in to this I realize that the backhaul channel, which is a dedicated 5GHz channel, suddenly is a 2,4GHz channel. The strange thing is that nothing has been moved or added. I don't even see how the 2,4 channel can be a backhaul channel, it is not supposed to work. I have reset and restarted the node twice, also restarted the router of course but it stays the same. Anyone bumped in to this? Cant find anything online. Have set a support request to ASUS but I guess it will take time.....

View attachment 25865

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!