What's new

CURL call when specific network device is connected without IFTTT

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sbeex

New Around Here
Hi Guys,
I currently run AsusWrt but might change to Asus Merlin eventually it's not a problem.

I would like my router to invoke some CURL http://someUrl when a device having MAC ADDR 00:322:323232:32 is connected to the network.

Currently I could do some workaround (I simply try to reach the device each minutes and if available then.. ok it's there. But I would like to have it fully reactive. And who better than the router itself knows better when the device is connected to the network ?

Voila :) Do you think it is possible via a custom script to achieve such behavior ?

Any help is welcome. Also do you think this require to move to merlin or the normal AsusWrt could handle that ?

Welcome to the forums @sbeex.

I believe this requires the additional capabilities RMerlin firmware offers (if the scripting you're going after is possible at all or not).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!