What's new

Current Issues In 384.4_2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

muffintastic

Current Issues In 384.4_2

1. Setting The Lease Time (Seconds) To The Max In LAN DHCP Option (GUI) It Will Revert To 2 Hours and not 31 days.

Log Output:

httpd: nvram_check fail: nvram dhcp_lease over length (7 > 6)

Fix:

You To Need Edit The dnsmasq.conf file within WinSCP and change line that says:

dhcp-range=lan,10.0.0.x,10.0.0.x,255.255.255.0,2678400s

Then Run in Putty/Kitty:

killall dnsmasq && dnsmasq

Then It Has Been Applied.

2. The Same Error Applies (Different Ouput) (Manual Media Server Path (Max Limit : 10 When Adding Folders From Your USB Device(s) With Filenames Such As "3DMovies" or "TVShows" Max Character Limit Of 5 I Assume, As I Only Have 3 Folders With That Limit.

3. Editing The WAN Section Within The GUI, From Changing DNS, Disabling UPNP Will Cause An Error With The Output ""nat: apply nat rules (/tmp/nat_rules_eth0_eth0) error!" The Issue And Fix And Replies Are Noted Here: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/no-step-closer-to-a-fix.45754/

Not Sure If There Are Any Other Issues To Report @RMerlin But I Hope These Will Get Fixed At Some Point Or Taken A Look At In The Next Release Or Future Releases.

1) Asus allows values up to 2678400 on the webui but only 6 chars in the nvram validation. Increased to 7 chars to match webui's capabilities.

2) Not sure what you mean, as I just added a folder with a 28 characters long name without any problem. The total allowed length of all paths is 128 characters.

3) You have an invalid value in your dmz_ip field as noted in that thread. While I already added extra validation for that value a few weeks ago, the root cause is your router having an invalid value in that setting - most likely a space instead of being completely empty.