What's new

Custom configuration script conflict

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

terra3

New Around Here
Hi there

Have run into a one time event with upgrade of RT-AC86U router to Merlin 386.10 where an error comes up when trying to engage OpenVPN that is only resolved by deleting my VPN provider's custom configuration script. Ive used that script for years with this router (and a previous ASIS model) for years problem free. I found this out after being tapped out not seeing any other settings in my OpenVPN messed up or different from what they usually are.

Whatever the issue at hand, any thoughts on why this has come up?? Is there anything in the firmware change to 386.10 that might conflict with that script?

Thanks in advance

And oddly enough, when I downgrade the firmware to 386.9, OpenVPN works just fine with that script.

Hi there

Have run into a one time event with upgrade of RT-AC86U router to Merlin 386.10 where an error comes up when trying to engage OpenVPN that is only resolved by deleting my VPN provider's custom configuration script. Ive used that script for years with this router (and a previous ASIS model) for years problem free. I found this out after being tapped out not seeing any other settings in my OpenVPN messed up or different from what they usually are.

Whatever the issue at hand, any thoughts on why this has come up??
What does this script do and how are you running it?

Is there anything in the firmware change to 386.10 that might conflict with that script?

386.10 is now available for WIfi 5 (AC) models.

Code:
- UPDATED: openvpn to 2.6.0.
From the 388.2 changelog:
Code:
  - UPDATED: openvpn to 2.6.1.  If your client fails to
             connect then your custom settings must
             contain settings no longer supported by
             OpenVPN 2.6.  Review the System Log,
             then remove unsupported settings that are
             reported in your log.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!