Custom firmware build for Orbi RBK50/RBK53 (RBR50, RBS50) v. 9.2.5.1.18SF-HW & v. 9.2.5.1.18.1SF-HW

  • ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

Skippy Bosco

Regular Contributor
Good point about offending devices that may be contributing to the problem.. I did see on the Netgear forums that people with some Samsung Smart TV's and Wifi Sensors indicated that they saw typical problems go away when they removed these devices from their network. I've tried doing this at time of problem occurrence by powering down suspect devices and waiting a few hours to see if things improve -- they didn't :( I've also left some of those devices that I suspected out of the network for now by wiping their Wifi settings so they don't connect to the network.


It traditionally doesn't recover just by removing the offending device, you need to reboot the network and leave the device off as you mentioned to fully rule them out.
 

Voxel

Part of the Furniture
I'm currently still running the V9.2.5.1.17 firmware but am seeing an issue where my download speeds on all wireless devices drops to around 45 mbps max regardless of device.

In my case, when the problem starts to occur -- both wired and wireless connections to the satellites works perfectly, as does a wired connection to the main router. Wireless performance on the main router (once the router starts to perform badly) is bad regardless of 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz.

I am not sure but it looks as your clients are switched to 2.4 instead of 5SGz... Not always info in "Attached Devices" page contains actual info about band used...

Voxel.
 

Vipz

Occasional Visitor
I am not sure but it looks as your clients are switched to 2.4 instead of 5SGz... Not always info in "Attached Devices" page contains actual info about band used...

Voxel.

Thanks for the insight @Voxel . Is there a way I can force a restart of the underlying services/processes that are responsible for handling this to try and correct the problem via ssh into the router? Could you comment on which service/process manage this?

I'm waiting for problem recurrence. Once that happens, I will also follow the suggestion from @theoak to check and confirm how my laptop claims it's connecting to the router (2.4 ghz vs. 5 ghz).

Thanks.
 

Voxel

Part of the Furniture
Is there a way I can force a restart of the underlying services/processes that are responsible for handling this to try and correct the problem via ssh into the router? Could you comment on which service/process manage this?
Unfortunately this is 'black box': inside QCA-related stuffs, no source codes. So I am not ready to answer. I'll try to check.

There is the possibility to name your 5GHz SSID differently vs 2.4. But according to my tests there could be problems with stability of connection RBR<--->RBS...

Voxel.
 

keridil

New Around Here
Unfortunately this is 'black box': inside QCA-related stuffs, no source codes. So I am not ready to answer. I'll try to check.

There is the possibility to name your 5GHz SSID differently vs 2.4. But according to my tests there could be problems with stability of connection RBR<--->RBS...

Voxel.
Interestingly enough, this is my scenario, and there are no problems at all:

[email protected]:~# uptime
07:23:42 up 23 days, 21:56, 0 users, load average: 0.80, 1.13, 1.20

With a very stable backhaul connection on channel 108:
 
Last edited:

keridil

New Around Here
I was trying to use SCP, but it doesn’t seem to work out of the box in .17 release.

I was wondering if I can turn it on or maybe ask for this additional feature in the next release
Same here, you can fix it linking the binary from /root/.
 

Latest threads

Sign Up For SNBForums Daily Digest

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!
Top