What's new

Voxel Custom firmware build for Orbi RBK50/RBK53 (RBR50, RBS50) v. 9.2.5.2.18SF-HW & v. 9.2.5.2.18.1SF-HW

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Good point about offending devices that may be contributing to the problem.. I did see on the Netgear forums that people with some Samsung Smart TV's and Wifi Sensors indicated that they saw typical problems go away when they removed these devices from their network. I've tried doing this at time of problem occurrence by powering down suspect devices and waiting a few hours to see if things improve -- they didn't :( I've also left some of those devices that I suspected out of the network for now by wiping their Wifi settings so they don't connect to the network.

It traditionally doesn't recover just by removing the offending device, you need to reboot the network and leave the device off as you mentioned to fully rule them out.

I'm currently still running the V9.2.5.1.17 firmware but am seeing an issue where my download speeds on all wireless devices drops to around 45 mbps max regardless of device.

In my case, when the problem starts to occur -- both wired and wireless connections to the satellites works perfectly, as does a wired connection to the main router. Wireless performance on the main router (once the router starts to perform badly) is bad regardless of 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz.

I am not sure but it looks as your clients are switched to 2.4 instead of 5SGz... Not always info in "Attached Devices" page contains actual info about band used...

Voxel.

I am not sure but it looks as your clients are switched to 2.4 instead of 5SGz... Not always info in "Attached Devices" page contains actual info about band used...

Voxel.

Thanks for the insight @Voxel . Is there a way I can force a restart of the underlying services/processes that are responsible for handling this to try and correct the problem via ssh into the router? Could you comment on which service/process manage this?

I'm waiting for problem recurrence. Once that happens, I will also follow the suggestion from @theoak to check and confirm how my laptop claims it's connecting to the router (2.4 ghz vs. 5 ghz).

Thanks.

Is there a way I can force a restart of the underlying services/processes that are responsible for handling this to try and correct the problem via ssh into the router? Could you comment on which service/process manage this?
Unfortunately this is 'black box': inside QCA-related stuffs, no source codes. So I am not ready to answer. I'll try to check.

There is the possibility to name your 5GHz SSID differently vs 2.4. But according to my tests there could be problems with stability of connection RBR<--->RBS...

Voxel.

Unfortunately this is 'black box': inside QCA-related stuffs, no source codes. So I am not ready to answer. I'll try to check.

There is the possibility to name your 5GHz SSID differently vs 2.4. But according to my tests there could be problems with stability of connection RBR<--->RBS...

Voxel.
Interestingly enough, this is my scenario, and there are no problems at all:

root@RBS50:~# uptime
07:23:42 up 23 days, 21:56, 0 users, load average: 0.80, 1.13, 1.20

With a very stable backhaul connection on channel 108:
jCv21Yf.png

Last edited:
I was trying to use SCP, but it doesn’t seem to work out of the box in .17 release.

I was wondering if I can turn it on or maybe ask for this additional feature in the next release
Same here, you can fix it linking the binary from /root/.

Well, I agree to use your suggested changes (p. 1). For the next release. Thank you. But cannot promise currently any help like split vpn tunnel. Orbi is used extremely intensively for a work and school now. Cannot do any experiments now. Maybe later, sorry...

Voxel.
Hi
I am an absolute beginner. How do I use the serial port on the Orbi RBR50 with your USB to serial port device to unbrick it. Nothing else works. LED stuck on green!
Is there a how to or instructions for commands etc. Appreciate your post was 3 years ago!

Got the serial port working on Orbi RBR 50 and debricked my "spare" router. This provides access to U-Boot and also the Busybox console after the kernel is up and running. See attached information. Let me know if this isn't clear. The router is running fine now but Ethernet still dead. I think I have a hardware problem with the QAC8075 interface. Looking into that more.

Scott
Hi
I am an absolute beginner. How do I use the serial port on the Orbi RBR50 with your USB to serial port device to unbrick it. Nothing else works. LED stuck on green!
Is there a how to or instructions for commands etc. Appreciate your post was 3 years ago!

Hi
Have you tried to TFTP original firmware? I’ve recovered this way in the past.

Have you tried to TFTP original firmware? I’ve recovered this way in the past.

Hi
Thank you. Yes, followed that method but I could not get an IP address to show for the router on direct UTP net cable link to Win 10 PC. and it will not reset using the usual methods -just have a constant green piwer led and no lights on at top of router either.

Hi
Thank you. Yes, followed that method but I could not get an IP address to show for the router on direct UTP net cable link to Win 10 PC. and it will not reset using the usual methods -just have a constant green piwer led and no lights on at top of router either.
Once you have manually configured the IP on the Win10 PC, you must have the cable connected between the PC and the Orbi as you perform the reset in order for the Orbi to properly go into the mode where it will accept the firmware - if the cable is not plugged in while you perform the reset, the Orbi will not go into the proper mode and during this time the Win10 PC will not show the IP address if you tried doing the ipconfig or check via the GUI for it. At least this was my experience from the couple of times I've had to go through the procedure.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!