What's new

Voxel Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.100SF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

A few days ago I was trying to lower the bufferbloat and I realized that when I restart the router QOS does not work as expected I have to apply the mega "-15%" manually and apply changes to lower the bufferbloat, and when the network is 100% my ping in the game it is too high, it takes me out of the server by PING, that's why I'm interested in the QOS so that when device X is using the bandwidth, it doesn't notice anything.

sorry english google translate

Hi Voxel,

just want to thank you for your support and your awesome firmware for the R7800. I've used your FW a long time and it always worked fine for me!

I have switched now to an AVM 6690 cable router so I wanted to let you know that I really appreciate your work but for me the journey ends now so I will not use your FW not because I am not happy with it but because of a completely different model :)

I have hesitated to post this but perhaps someone else saw the same issue. When switching over to the .100 versions of the Voxel firmware it originally appeared all was fine. Until I started getting complaints of spotty WI-FI and ultimately noticed the issue myself.
WI-FI devices were connected to the R7800 but there would be no Internet connection available. Usually within 5-10 minutes the issue would resolve itself and the connection worked again for a while until it didn't again. I have scanned for new WI-FI SSIDs in my area and there are no new ones to cause the problem. However since I reverted both my R7800 APs to 1.0.2.99SF over a week ago the issue if gone.
Laptop access was easy to check, it was harder to realize this was happening on a phone as it was switching to using cell phone data. Anyone else see this using AP mode?

Thanks for the great work. I would love to install openvpn and make a condition that only a single device has access to the vpn. All other devices should connect to the WAN. Can you please help me how to achieve this? Thanks!

Thanks for the great work. I would love to install openvpn and make a condition that only a single device has access to the vpn. All other devices should connect to the WAN. Can you please help me how to achieve this? Thanks!
Ask @kamoj to use his add-on.
(I see in the other thread that someone already pointed you in the correct direction)

Once you have it installed, you can configure the OpenVPN client to connect to the vpn.
If you then enable "reverse VPN bypassing", then by default all traffic goes directly via your ISP connection.
And only the IP-addresses / MAC-addresses that you specify in an nvram variable, go via the VPN.
(does require some configuration via SSH, as this reverse bypassing cannot be configured via GUI)

(Note, by default, those IPs that you configure to use VPN, will then still use the normal DNS servers. So depending on what you want to hide, you may need to do so additional configurations)

Ask @kamoj to use his add-on.
(I see in the other thread that someone already pointed you in the correct direction)

Once you have it installed, you can configure the OpenVPN client to connect to the vpn.
If you then enable "reverse VPN bypassing", then by default all traffic goes directly via your ISP connection.
And only the IP-addresses / MAC-addresses that you specify in an nvram variable, go via the VPN.
(does require some configuration via SSH, as this reverse bypassing cannot be configured via GUI)

(Note, by default, those IPs that you configure to use VPN, will then still use the normal DNS servers. So depending on what you want to hide, you may need to do so additional configurations)
Thanks for the enlightenment. I have already received the addon from Kamoj(gratefully thankful!). Openvpn is already working nicely. I appreciate if you could please share with me the command that I can input in ssh to enable reverse tunneling.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!