What's new

Voxel Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.80SF & v. 1.0.2.80.4SF & v. 1.0.2.80.5SF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I face 2 "problems" with this firmware.
The read-write speed to the HDD through WiFi dropped to 30MB/s (constant) but with Netgear firmware I could reed/write over 55MB/s and sometimes write speed was even 80MB/s
I cannot rename files on the HDD. I think that it's something I do wrong though.
After installing to 1.0.2.80.7 (still amazed by your work) I can tell that Write speed is approx. 30MB/s and Read speed approx. 50MB/s. I tried on Seagate Backup Plus Hub Desktop 8TB (NTFS format) and on SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB (ext4 format).
Unfortunately it is slower than many versions of the stock firmware.

The "rename" problem is a really strange one as it seams that something occupies files just added on disk for a long time. I also faced the same problem on the .7 trying to delete a file. I managed to delete the file after waiting for the disk spindown.
Does anyone else facing the same problem?

The last thing that I noticed is the router temperatures are a bit high.
This morning with the router CPU at 12% the temperature was 64°C and after a 5GB file copy (CPU 78%) raised to 68°C (with house temperature 22°C) but yesterday without noticing CPU load I saw 71°C -which seems to bee the top temp ever (with house temperature 24°C)
Is it normal or should I worry and might change my router's thermal paste?

I'm a little confused. I just updated to R7800-V1.0.2.81SF, and I was warned that I was updating to an older version than I already had installed (R7800-V1.0.2.80.5SF). Also, I see no change log for R7800-V1.0.2.81SF. Did I go backward or forward?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!