What's new

Voxel Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.87SF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Voxel

Part of the Furniture
Continuation of

. . .
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/custom-firmware-build-for-r7800-v-1-0-2-85sf.72578/
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/custom-firmware-build-for-r7800-v-1-0-2-86sf.73362/

New version of my custom firmware build: 1.0.2.87SF.

Changes (vs 1.0.2.86SF):

1. Toolchain: GCC is upgraded 11.1.0->11.2.0.
2. Toolchain: binutils version is upgraded 2.36.1->2.37.
3. Toolchain: Go is upgraded 1.16.5->1.16.6.
4. Fix cmdupnp issue (to avoid miniupnpd startup if UPnP is disabled).
5. ubus package is upgraded 2021-06-03->2021-06-30.
6. curl package is upgraded 7.77.0->7.78.0.
7. gettext package is upgraded 0.19.8.1->0.21.
8. ethtool package is upgraded 5.12->5.13.
9. ipset package is upgraded 7.11->7.14.
10. e2fsprogs package is upgraded 1.46.2->1.46.3.
11. util-linux package is upgraded 2.37->2.37.1.
12. Host tools (e2fsprogs): is upgraded to 1.46.3.

The link is:

https://www.voxel-firmware.com (thanks to vladlenas for his help with hosting).

Voxel.

All systems go! :cool:

Thanks. Just wondering isnt r78k doesnt allow any bruteforce attack right. As recently i am seeing such attempts allowed by router luckily AV blocking for now. Isn't firewal built in should block such threats.

1628050447888.png

I've seen NG has released source code for versions up to .82 (latest release). Any plans to add some of it to your firmware?

What are we missing? Specific Chinese Funjsq service support in net-wall, OpenVPN or CGI processor? Disabled telnet? Encrypted partition killing your nand? ;)

The rest is almost the same. Old packages, no acceleration for OpenSSL, the same old toolchain, the same bugs (maybe new as well)...

I do not see any reason to add something from the new stock except QCA drivers if they are updated.

Voxel.

What are we missing? Specific Chinese Funjsq service support in net-wall, OpenVPN or CGI processor? Disabled telnet? Encrypted partition killing your nand? ;)

The rest is almost the same. Old packages, no acceleration for OpenSSL, the same old toolchain, the same bugs (maybe new as well)...

I do not see any reason to add something from the new stock except QCA drivers if they are updated.

Voxel.

IIRC, they added DHCP options 60 and 61. Besides that, they have shorten the amount of letters you can use in DHCP reseration for Device Name. A really stupid move

Upgraded without a hitch. I had to download the new firmware using my phone. I tried two different browsers and I couldn't get the file listing.

Voxel.
The slightly more modern UI elements? ;)

it is a pleasure to see such an active community around our 5+ year old router.
Hopefully it will never break and it can run @Voxel firmware forever :)

a BIG thank you again!

Running voxel firmware for another year, no crash, no bug, just official firmware but better.
As always, thank you voxel supporting r7800 for another year.
BTW R7800 is good enough for me. WiFi 6 doesn't really provide any benefit over WiFi 5 Wave 2. May be WiFi 6e router become wallet-friendly, than i will consider upgrading.

Hello guys, noob question. How to activate telnet after flashed this release? Debug.html is no showing it. Tnx

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!